Sunday, March 06, 2011

Gardening

My Dad decided that he was going to put a garden on some of the extra land at his office.
I am very excited because I tried making my own garden at the office right before I got pregnant but I did not have the right tools.
He used this GIANT forklift to get the dirt tilled up first
it is all pretty hard dirt until you get under the first layer.

We spent about two hours one evening, Feb. 14th  Valentine's Day
(Scott was in Salt Lake on business but we don't celebrate Valentines
and my parents don't celebrate Valentine's either)
and my Dad used the rototiller and everyone else picked up large rocks
(Mom, Stella, Me, Anna and her friend from school)

Then my Dad pretty much did every thing till the planting
That is when I started helping again.
I decided to make cute signs for each row.






 Stella and Papa playing in the dirt




I forgot to make Swiss Chard and Lettuce signs
then when my Dad finishes tilling the back part we will do Squash and Zuccini 
and whatever else we can think of.

I am really excited about the garden, I love having fresh fruits and veggies!
And since I am at the office working almost everyday Stella and I get to watch it grow
and I have been informed I am in charge of weeding
but I don't mind it will be lots of fun.

1 comment:

s@d said...

That is bigger than I imagined. I'm requesting a post, of photos, when it gets in full growth mode.